Nylon is a very strong material but more difficult to print than PLA and ABS. Nylon sticks best on glass with Glue Stick. Best Glue Stick is Elmers (Purple) or Bostik GluStik. It Also sticks very well to Polymide tape (Kapton), (IMPORTANT; removing the part can pull off the Kapton tape.)
Printing tips for Nylon
- Print slowly
- Print larger layers (e.g. 0.2 to 0.3)
- Fan = off (50% for small objects)
- Nylon warps a lot. Use the same strategies as for ABS.
- Nylon soaks up water from the air (within a few days) and then will sputter and make your prints uglier. If you experience bad prints or rough finish, dry the filament by baking in an Electric Fan Forced Oven for 4+ hours at 70 to 80deg C Max.
- Keep in Ziploc bag or airtight container with silicon desiccant. It is normal to have to dry Nylon straight out of the sealed bag… remember this could have been manufactured in high humidity conditions.